Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2005 Hyundai H1 people carrier 2.4 diesel. I am

Customer Question

I have a 2005 Hyundai H1 people carrier 2.4 diesel.I am having problems recently starting the car on the first start of the day. After that it starts without any problem. The engine cranks up without a problem but does not fire immediately, it takes several attempts to start. There is a white/blue smoke from the exhaust on attempting to start the vehicle. Unfortunately over the Christmas period I have not been able to get it into a garage and I cannot get it to start at all now. I have also tried a booster start.Any ideas would be welcome but I am not a mechanic and do not have any tools other than basics.One other thing, on two occasions when getting the vehicle started I have had a squeaking sound from the engine that lasts for less than a minute.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with one or more fuel injectors leaking or operating incorrectly the first start of the day needing replaced or in allot of other similar cases I have seen a restricted fuel filter cause a starting issue like this here with the fuel filter needing replaced.The fuel system including injectors and fuel filter need tested to locate which component is the cause here and from there repaired/replaced to correct this issue.In some cases this can be a fault with a faulty engine coolant temp sensor sending an incorrect temp signal needing replaced as well.These all need checked into/tested to correct this here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete