Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Golf 4,reardoor will not unlock
, hwen i use the key

Customer Question

Customer: golf 4,reardoor will not unlock
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: hwen i use the key fob, it will not push the unlock for this door
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to VW Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to clarify, the issue revolves around the VW Golf 4 rear door on the left side, when we're using the key fob or the driver lock button inside the car, the door refuses to unlock. it can't be unlocked manually either, the door pin is somehow stuck inside the door.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

From what you have described here this sounds like the common fault of the door latch itself needing replaced.I have seen the latch fail several times before in the past and had to replace it for this issue here.Unfortunately when the door is stuck closed like this here there are only two options to get the door open to replace the latch.

First a lock smith can come out and use their tools to release the latch without damaging anything or the interior door paneling can be pulled off (which usually damages the paneling to where it would need repaired or replaced after this is done) to access the latch to open the door and then replace the latch.Unfortunately when the door is stuck closed like this here these are the only options.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete