Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 2006 ford focus st. I have been trying to upgrade

Customer Question

Hi there, I have a 2006 ford focus st. I have been trying to upgrade the speedo clocks to a set of level 2 facelift clocks. So far I've been able configure the ELM so it has the level 2 settings and looks for the "Standard PATS (focus facelift level2/3)" I was then able to connect to the IPC module using FOCOM. From there I was able to successfully erase and program my 2 set of keys and then PATS ECU pair. However the ECU has the DTC saying "theft detected" and the engine is immobilised. I'm unable to start the engine using the old or new cluster now. Is there any advice you can give?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I would have programming checked in all computers to see if any other computers need to be calibrated to resolve this issue here.This sounds like one or more of the computers are not calibrated properly causing this fault here needing programmed properly.If this has already been checked let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Pete, thanks for picking this up however what I really need is someone who knows the insides out of the Ford Focus PATS/PCM system that can guide me exactly where to go to troubleshoot the issue.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,no problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete