Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I'm ***** ***** I have a vauxhall movano w reg 2.5 diesel

Customer Question

Customer: Hello I'm ***** ***** I have a vauxhall movano w reg 2.5 diesel which I believe is the same as the traffic. Went for a short journey 2hr stop. When I drove off It started I indicated ,no indicators and the oil light was on. Stopped checked oil-OK. Went to restart no dash warning lights come on including glow plug light. It starts then the oil light comes on. Speedo fuel and temp gauge don't work. Hazards work including dash flashing arrows, hi/low beam light works. Any ideas much appreciated.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Not really everything works OK except for the dashboard (clock works) and the indicators don't work
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Renault Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this sounds like an internal fault with the instrument cluster itself.I have seen the instrument cluster fail or act up like this here on several models in the past before and had to replace it.In some cases it can be removed an sent in for repair to an authorized repair center but in most cases it will need replaced.

This will have to be tested/checked further to be sure this is the cause here before having it repaired or replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete