Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Ford SMax 1.6TD 57 plate. handbrake jammed (engaged) can

Customer Question

Ford SMax 1.6TD 57 plate. Hi there - handbrake jammed (engaged) can access the cable in the handle having taken of grips but can't pull the cable up to release. I think the handbrake was pulled too high - which may be the issue, not the cable?
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Try rocking the vehicle forward and back some what carefully and someone else try and release the hand brake at the same time.In some cases it can bind and this may help to free it up to release it.If this does not work here let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete