Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

, the issue is with astra 1.7 ecoflex occasionally not

Customer Question

Customer: hi ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the issue is with astra 1.7 ecoflex occasionally not starting I suspect the scv valve or the ecu unit I wondered if there is any way to bypass the signal to the scv I measured the voltage at the scv and I had 8 volts and then 3 volts with a dvm but iguess this may not prove anything at the moment the car is running and runs ok until sometimes when stopped the pump which I think is bosch does not have an edu
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

The first thing that needs done here if you can and havent had done yet is to have the fault codes checked/read out to see what codes are set in all computers.Once this has been done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.If you can get the codes read out/checked and post the code info here this will help just let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete