Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My name is ***** *****.
, My maverick 3.0 Started very

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My maverick 3.0 Started very rough but ran ,got down the road and it gave up,would not start. AA diagnosed 4 and 5 misfire cleared codes and that coil packs faulty .Low loader home. Replaced 6 coils plugs.Fires for a few seconds but will not run.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sounds complicated ,cancel will try uk expert sorry for misunderstaning
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check and see if any of the spark plugs are fouled out with fuel as this will cause this issue here.If they are wet with fuel they will need cleaned and dried to correct this here.If these have already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Car fires ok but wont run
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

If you havent inspected the engine wiring running to and leading to the coils this should be done to see if any wiring is found to be damaged in any way needing repaired.If this was already done and found o.k. let me know as well as let me know what fault code numbers are setting with this issue here if you can.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
no obvious wire faults but no analytic computer
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Are you saying you have no way to check the fault codes on this here again to see what codes are set or that there are no codes set?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
car immobile ,will need to got an electrical engineer.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

The only other issue I see here that can cause this type of fault here is a fault with the engine computer itself.I have seen the engine computer cause ignition coil issues or make it look like there are ignition coil issues and the engine computer had to be replaced to correct this fault here.

Thanks Pete