Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have managed to bleed some of the hydraulic lines on my

Customer Question

Customer: I have managed to bleed some of the hydraulic lines on my ASM gearbox after fitting a new clutch. However, It is still slow to engage 1st and reluctant to change down. I suspect that the remaining lines still need bleeding. I have bled the slave cylinder. pump and the other lines that will bleed when the engine is in drive !st gear but there is at least one line that will not bleed.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Once drive is selected the gears change up normally but do not always change down, particularly once 5th has been selected. The hydraulic line that I think needs bleeding is the central line of the tree pipes on the back of the gerarbox. Inspite of my best efforts I cannot get any fluid to ooze out of the banjo uniopn when slackened.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Check the bleed/banjo fitting to see if the fitting is clogged causing this issue with not being able to bleed it.In some cases debris can plug up the drain and cause the no bleed issue here.If this is or has been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete