sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a Renault grand espace with the Nissan 2.0 dci

Customer Question

I have a Renault grand espace with the Nissan 2.0 dci engine. Drove it Home last night and parked up. Got in it today and it won't rev over 2000rpm and has no power.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

It's possible that you could have something such as an exhaust restriction or poor fuel supply causing lack of power but it's more likely that the engine is in limp in. If the ECM sees an issue it thinks can cause proper engine control then it will limit power intentionally. If it's going into limp in it could be an injector issue, high or low fuel ail pressure, an accelerator pedal position sensor issue, wiring; there are quite a few things that will cause limp in. The issue could also be a boost leak.

The first step in diagnosing the issue will be to check for fault codes. If it's actually in limp in or boost is lower than intended then there will be a fault code set that can be used as a starting point for testing.