Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Locked by Customer Service

Customer Question

Hi
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
update on order: 15900966-150I have been able to work a lite wire to check that the 65A black fuse was responsible for all eletric part of the car which worked and all light came on including dashlights and other. I took off the blue fuse from the fusebox inside the the car above the driver right foot and start the car which start up and went off again waited few seconds then reinsert the fuse then try again. Now the car starts up and I was able to rev and left the engine running for about 2 minutes. The engine warning lights was blinking continuously and the car wont drive after I put it to D - drive and R - Reverse. I have also checked the engine oil and realised the engine oil has turned like yellow or brown which is strange to normal dirty engine oil. The car was fully serviced just 3 months ago with new engine oil but please note that the car do overheat every now and then so I have lots of bottled cold water in the car to refill it everytime the the car temperature rises. The mechanic already adviced the car inner gasket had broken and will cost over £400 including workmanship so when the water over it it does go to the reservour and the reservour get full and water pour out eachtime the car overheats. The car is only used maybe every 2 or 3 days for learning as it has 2 brakes for learner and that was the reason I bought it for my wife to use it to learn before it develop all this faults.The car starts now, all lights and electrics now work but engine light blinks continously, the engine oil color looks white/yellow or light brown. so I have just bought an engine oil hoping to change the oil tomorrow, replace the 65A fuse and see if that will enable the car to drive as normal.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The color of the engine oil indicates water/engine coolant has leaked past the cylinder head gasket into the engine oil.This is causing the check engine light issue as well as the oil color and will damage the engine quickly running it with this oil mixture in it.The cylinder head gasket(s) will need replaced and the engine checked for any internal damage needing repaired like damaged cam shaft or crank shaft bearings due to the water in the engine oil.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete