rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

I have a 2010 Xf it will not start when I first got in it

Customer Question

I have a 2010 Xf it will not start when I first got in it and pushed the starter it started to turn over I released it and pushed it again all the lights on the dash lite up and then nothing no dash lights but the rear and running light was on,after trying to start it about 5 times with nothing working I took the cable off the battery to see if it would reset nothing work when I put the cable back on only the lights would come back on,now no lights are on and the battery is fully dead lol and now I can't open the trunk to charge or change the battery someone told my that the system is in lockdown mold, can this be fixed?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have read that there's a way I can reset the lockdown mole, I do think I need to change the battery, the overhead lights and the running lights but when it went dead I couldn't turn the lights off they stayed on when I tried and stayed on until the battery went completely dead,
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 11 months ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

I believe you do need to replace the battery too, and it would seems that you would need a locksmith or body shop to access the trunk so you don't do any damage to it. It's possible that you can access the trunk through the back seat too.

Thanks, Ron