rpmdiag
rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975
12769047

2004 grand cherokee. Engine management light on and won't

Customer Question

2004 grand cherokee. Engine management light on and won't automatically or manually shift up through the gears but will rev count to 3500 or 4000 rpm what's up.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.
I have been in this business since 1975 and also teach automotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Please understand that I don't know your skill level. I can't see, smell, hear, or touch the vehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. Please be patient!
I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” in return. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If there is any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so I can go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help you through it.

The first thing that needs to be done is to attach a scan tool to the computer and check for codes in all the computers on the car, then check the scan data.

Thanks, Ron