Joe  Barfield
Joe Barfield, Master High-Tech
Experience:  Transmission Tech - Management Master Winner 3rd place Entire US Southeast region #1 after masters
17290852

Matt. My gearbox keeps dropping down and sticking in first

Customer Question

Hi matt. My gearbox keeps dropping down and sticking in first gear.it started 2 weeks ago. Id done 100 miles in the motorway and it just lost top gear.I kept it goin on the hard shoulder for 10 miles and it kicked back up.
It seems to happen at 70 mph plus. If i keep it at 55 it rarely happens but it is getting more regular.its a 94 2.8 auto.the speedo sender has not worked for 12 mths
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Joe Barfield replied 1 year ago.

Hello , Your Entire Issue.....Should Stem from the Speedo not working......Your First step is to repair this......Replace the Speed Sensor & remove the battery cables & touch them together.....this will clear the computer system & put it in Re-learn......It should be fine...Thanks Joey