sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Been having problems with fob 2008 transit.but today, it

Customer Question

Hi.been having problems with fob for my 2008 transit.but today , it wouldn't start I turn the key and nothing.I know battery is OK.starter motor is OK.central locking works.the red light flashes on and off when I turn key.is it possible to try jump starting.I'm on a hill.But only got 1. chance of bumping it.please help.I've got work in morn so I'm desperate for help.can't call AA.cos its outside my house
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi I just tried bumb starting van but no luck.any suggestions would be great.red immobiliser still flashing.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the immobilizer light is flashing then there is an issue with the key or immobilizer module. The light will flash when attempting to start the engine if the key has not been validated.

Do you have a second key to try?