sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My 2008 Mercedes benz c300 is having issues with the keys.

Customer Question

My 2008 Mercedes benz c300 is having issues with the keys. Both keys fail in unlocking the car and starting the ignition. some times it works again after few hours but now it doesn't not seem to work at all and the battery is fine because it blinks a sharp red light when i press any button but wont lock or unlock or start the car. What can i do? I am from Nigeria
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the problem happens with both keys at the same time and then they both work correctly again then I would first suspect an issue with the electronic ignition switch.

Have you tried a battery disconnect?

Do you have a scan tool that will communicate with all modules including the EIS?