BMW_Master
BMW_Master, BMW Mechanic
Experience:  Shop Foreman, 9 year Dealer experience.
8631066

I have a BMW 320i E90 2006 model. When I start the car it

Customer Question

Hi Roger
I have a BMW 320i E90 2006 model. When I start the car it shows yellow engine indicator. Have tried to scan faults and got the following codes:
P1050
P1062
What could be the cause and remedy.
Kind regards
Themba
Category: UK Car
Expert:  BMW_Master replied 1 year ago.

I will do my best to help you with this problem. The fault you have P1050 is for the valvetronic system. This can usually be two things. The most common failure is the eccentric shaft sensor. The second less common failure is the valvetronic motor. You can check across the pins of the valvetronic motor and see if it reads around 50 ohms with a volt meter in resistance measurement. If it does you should start with the eccentric shaft sensor replacemement. It is sometimes better to replace both sensor and motor at the same time as the labor overlaps quite a bit since the valve cover has to come off for both items. Due to this most people opt to do both components at the same time.

I hope this information is helpful! I hope you have a great Holiday! Please remember to select positive feedback as this is the only way I receive credit for helping today.

Best regards,