Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I have a Skoda 1.6L TDI 77KW that trew me the code P040700

Customer Question

Hi I have a Skoda 1.6L TDI 77KW that trew me the code P040700 Exhaust gas recirculat. sensor B Circuit Low.
Eweryting is normal until the engine has reached operating temp. and then the EGR goes out and engine in to Limp modeSo my question is where is this sensor B?I have removed the EGR valve and given it a good clean and lubed up moving parts with no change
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
when the code came up the live data looked like this (see photo)The bottom 2 were the same before the code and after it came up.
Expert:  Wolfgang replied 11 months ago.

Hello I'm Wolfgang here to assist. I do need some more info. In the back where the spare tire is a white 3x5 sticker of the option codes. Can you take a pic and post it here so I can get The factory information to assist. Thanks

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
here it is

perfect let me get the information and will get back with you with a game plan!!

ok the wiring for the egr valve needs to be checked from the valve to the ecu there has to be an open when warm and with the flexing of the engine harness. i'm still working on the diagram for you . i did not forget!!!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any progress?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Hi I would like a refund. I did not get any information from you and you have not responded since 23 December.