Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I'm ***** ***** i just replaced the battery on my merc s500

Customer Question

Customer: i'm ***** ***** i just replaced the battery on my merc s500 (1999) and now if i try and lock it it locks but the hazards flash. There is no siren
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i just replaced the battery on my merc s500 (1999) and now if i try and lock it it locks but the hazards flash. There is no sirenRead more: http://www.justanswer.com/mercedes/7b2tq-stop-hazard-lights-flashing-500sl-changing.html#ixzz3uz6nQUw2
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mercedes Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you can try locking and unlocking the doors at the drivers door itself with the metal key blade then try the electronic locks on the remote/key and see if they operate properly then.If this does not work or was already attempted with no success let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete