Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My 207 1.4 16v is refusing to start and throwing up error

Customer Question

My 207 1.4 16v is refusing to start and throwing up error messages up like brake system faulty & depollution system faulty, all the time refusing to even turn over, can you help? ***@******.***.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

In allot of cases this type of fault here can be caused by a faulty or weak battery needing replaced or an issue with the battery cable connections to the battery or leading from the battery needing cleaned and tightened.If this has not been checked to see if either of these are the cause here let me know so we can continue.If these were already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delayed reply. The battery is 8mth old, has been charged overnight but has not started the car. The car does not even turn over. Can you recommend a 3rd party company that can tead peugeot error codes, all my local garages can't?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I dont know of a facility or scan tool myself on this model here that can read codes from your vehicle.This has to be done using one that will plu in and communicate with all computers.

Thanks Pete