Amedee
Amedee, Former ASE Master Tech
Experience:  ASE certified tech advanced level specialist. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Where is the ignition module 1998 Ford F 150 4.6 liter will

Customer Question

Where is the ignition module 1998 Ford F 150 4.6 liter will cop ignition automatic transmission
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 11 months ago.

The ignition control module is integrated within the powertrain control module. It is not a separately replaceable component

The powertrain control module is located at the right side of the engine compartment next to the firewall

.

click Attachment below

.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
why do you think the engine is dying I drove 40 miles pull it into my garage it idle for about 8 to 10 minutes then went dead wIl not restart until the engine cools down I have replaced the crank position sensor but not the wiring could it be the wiring this calling this or something else

3 testing procedures first; Air, Fuel & Spark
IF it starts when cold, but NOT when hot, then this can be an issue with Ignition Coil or a number of other components, including Fuel Pressure
Test for Spark from the Coil when the problem occurs
IF there is Spark, then test for Fuel Pressure Key On, Engine OFF; 240-310 kPa (35-45 psi)

.

Please do the right thing and leave a rating, using the rating system, so I may be credited for this Q&A.
.
NOTE: Do NOT Rate on how much TIME you waited, because I am not on 24 / 7 and I answer as soon as I see the question.
The question will still remain open for follow up questions if needed.
.
If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
.
Rating is very Important to our Service
.
.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have fuel pressure 40 lb
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Have replace the crank position sensor

thanks.........you still need to check for Spark
I answered to your original question of:
>

There are a number of causes for this issue, but basics is needed prior to replacing parts

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
When it will not start I have fuel pressure and I have no spark where do I go to next to check to see why I don't have spark

>

will opt out

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Cool
Expert:  Amedee replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome! Different tech here. When this no spark condition occurs, watch to see if the check engine light comes on with the key in the on position and be sure it goes off while cranking. Both are very important. Let me know