Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I own an 2006 Renault Premium 270Dci. It has shut it self

Customer Question

I own an 2006 Renault Premium 270Dci. It has shut it self off after having what sounded like a fuel problem. I have changed all fuel filters and checked all pipes are clear. I have bleed the system and still it will not start. It turns over well but does not fire. Any help would be appreciated.
Harold
Falkland Islands
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This can be due to a fault with the fuel pump/injection pump itself being weak needing replaced.I have seen the pumps fail before like this here needing replaced to correct this fault.If you have not had the fuel pressure tested this needs done to see if there is an issue with a pump needing replaced.If this has already been done and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I now have a fault code *********** which says fuel rail pressure sensor circuit malfunction. This was info found on the internet. Would appreciate any info you could find regarding this code.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

This indicates a fault with the fuel rail pressure sensor itself needing replaced in most cases.I would have the wiring checked to the sensor and if the wiring and connection is all o.k. then I suspect the sensor itself needs replaced.

Thanks Pete