Wolfgang
Wolfgang, Master Vw/Audi Tech
Experience:  15 yr Master VW/AUDI Technician Shop Foreman
19871424

Got a 2004 touareg.. As usual the suspension compressor was

Customer Question

Hi.. Got a 2004 touareg.. As usual the suspension compressor was weak.. Had already replaced front strut that had a leak. After trying a compressor rebuild it was ok for a while.. Then started getting the red "stop warning.. Suspension fault".. Which seemed to appear if I started the car and left stationary.. If I drove it straight away it may or may not come on..
Eventually it became a permanent fault.. Comes on straight away every time.. Just fitted a brand new compressor and relay, but it would not run.. Had a friend with a vag com pop around.. We have a 00003 code... When cleared the compressor runs briefly.. After clearing the code 20 or so times and allows g compressor to run the car is now back up to normal ride height.. But dash error and code remains.. Car has remained at same level so no leaks..
So.. In brief.. We have 00003 code.. And a red suspension warning on dash within 30 sec of starting the car.. Checked all fuses including under seat,
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

The code 00003 is a generic code and doesnt come up in my info for your model here.What needs to be done is to have the fault codes checked with a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can read all computers properly in your vehicle to see what code comes up.00003 doesnt cross reference to any code I see for your model so this is a generic code.If you can get the codes re checked with a fully compatible scan tool or computer this will help just let me know.

I know on allot of models once any automatic suspension components are replaced the suspension system needs calibrated using a scan tool or computer plugged into your vehicle that can do this procedure before the suspension system will operate properly again.This may all that needs done here or this may be a fault with the control unit/ecu for the compressor as I have seen these fail before as well needing replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well I scanned it with an ordinary OBD reader and came up with nothing.. My friend came with a VAG COM which is where this code came from, in the suspension module..
The compressor runs for a few seconds after engine start.. Then stops... Then the fault appears on dash.
What would you suggest I scan it with.. Next step as far as I can see is take it to a main dealer, in which case this question is pointless
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately I don't know of the best scanner for your model here myself but this may take a dealer scan tool as some computers cannot be accessed with generic scan tools.I wish I had better news on this here.

I do know that in some cases the control module itself can fail that controls the compressor and requires replacement when it does fail so this is a possibility of the issue here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Well you haven't really told me anything I don't already know.. I would have thought that if you were a technician you would at least know which scan tool to use..
Am I actually paying for this? I would think that you have gathered that I'm not stupid.. I've changed the compressor, changed the relay, and checked all the relevant fuses...
I expected the suspension would need resetting and I was hoping you could assist.. If I have to go main dealer then this conversation is a waste of money isn't it?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Expert:  Wolfgang replied 1 year ago.

Hello I'm Wolfgang here to assist. Do you have the scan log of your vehicle so I can decipher it. I do need the entire scan from your vag com tool. FYI I'm a Vw master technician. Thanks