Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I got a problem with my car's boot Peugeot 407 diesel

Customer Question

I got a problem with my car's boot Peugeot 407 diesel automatic , the boot got locked and can't be open again either by botton or remote , I managed to open it from inside through back seats but when I close it doesnt open again , all wires been checked but no point
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

From what you have described here this may be a fault with the latch or latch actuator itself that releases the boot.If these have not been replaced I have seen these fail before and sometimes the actuator is built into and part of the latch and the latch had to be replaced.If this has already been checked or replaced let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete