Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

Both key fobs not working. push button start system,

Customer Question

Customer: both key fobs not working. push button start system, diagnostic reads 'missing data'
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the key symbol on dash is green until engine started then turns to red and stays on.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Mazda Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: am in uk. will paypal be ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Hi .

The problem ypou have is the Immo system is not excepting the keyfobs chip this is why the push start is not working and the immo light turns red .

You need to get a shops diagnostic scan tool hooked up and check for immo malfunction codes, a normal code reader will not read these codes ..

Not much you and i can personally do with out the needed tools and software..

One option open which is cheaper than using the dealers is to call out a mobile locksmith ,

he will have the needed tools to get you going again and reprogram the system

Here is a link to where you can find a local locksmith in your area .

Please click here for the link .

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the push start button does work, its just the key fobs that don't unlock the door remotely.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Okay wonderful .

Give me your year and model of your Mazda so we can try and program the keyfobs.

Let see if we can get them working again.

Rgds Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
VX09YCY 2.2 diesel. Mazda 6 sport 1999
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Thank you .

Okay try this to program the key fobs

1. Remove key from ignition.
  2. Close all doors.
  3. Open driver side door and leave open.
  4. Perform the following steps within 24 seconds.
    a. Insert key in ignition.
    b. Turn key to ON and OFF.
    c. Repeat step b two more times.
    d. Remove key.
    e. Push driver door frame button three times (black rubber button located on driver door frame that tell the vehicle whether or not door is closed.)

5. Buzz sound, chime or doors will lock and unlock should be heard at this point signaling that the vehicle is now in
programming mode. If not, wait 40 seconds and return to step 4.

6. All transmitters need to be programmed at this time, including the old ones. Push any button on the transmitter
two times. A buzz sound, chime or doors locking and unlocking should be heard at this point signaling that the
vehicle has accepted the new transmitter code. If there is only one transmitter, repeat this step two more times
using the only transmitter. If there are two transmitters, repeat this step two more times using the second
transmitter.

7. Push driver door frame button one time. Two buzz sounds, chimes or doors locking and unlocking 2 times should
be heard at this point signaling successful programming.

If this does not work then you have a key fob or module problem ..

Still need additional information then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service, this way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

A bad rating does not constitute a refund.

Kind regards Greg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
we seem to be getting our wires crossed, it is not a key ignition, it is a push start button system.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We have a Mazda 6 sport, push start button, no ignition key. The key fobs are not working to unlock the doors or set the alarm, the engine starts fine, however the key sign on the dash lights up green before the engine is turned on, it turns to red when engine started and states on red and does not go off.
Expert:  Greg replied 1 year ago.

Okay i'm sorry not familiar with this system.

I will opt out and let another expert assist you with this issue ..

Thank you .

Grefg

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK. Thanks for trying.