Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

I'm ***** *****. My dashboard on my 04 Ford Focus started

Customer Question

Customer: Hi I'm ***** *****. My dashboard on my 04 Ford Focus started flashing a few weeks ago.....literally all the lights are flashing and an intermittent beeping sound is emitted about every 10 seconds. Prior to this the engine light was on continuously for about a week then went off permanently. Now the petrol gauge, speedometer and temp gauge has failed! There is also a clicking noise from under the glove compartment every now and again, the indicators flash erratically in time to the indicator flashing on the dashboard, and if I try and click the rear and front window heaters on the buttons just click back out Also, the windscreen wipers will work erratically, which they didn't do before. Completely bizarre and annoying. I called the RAC man out and he said that no fault could be detected and it is a bad connection. Some help please!!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi I'm ***** *****. My dashboard on my 04 Ford Focus started flashing a few weeks ago.....literally all the lights are flashing and an intermittent beeping sound is emitted about every 10 seconds. Prior to this the engine light was on continuously for about a week then went off permanently. Now the petrol gauge, speedometer and temp gauge has failed!There is also a clicking noise from under the glove compartment every now and again, the indicators flash erratically in time to the indicator flashing on the dashboard, and if I try and click the rear and front window heaters on the buttons just click back outAlso, the windscreen wipers will work erratically, which they didn't do before. Completely bizarre and annoying. I called the RAC man out and he said that no fault could be detected and it is a bad connection. Some help please!!
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $28) to post your type of question to Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: how long?
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Gallagher99 replied 11 months ago.

Hi there good morning to you

Ok is this the first of the mk 2 focus ie: 54 plate

Kind regards ***** *****

Brian

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Brian,No its on an 04 plate.Kind RegardsNicole
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi you have not answered my question yet you have debited £18! I would lime an answer or a refund!
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
You have not answered my question. Cam you resold and answer fully? Thank you