Marty
Marty, European Car Expert
Experience:  ASE & Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 30 years experience.
13230946

Rob My name is ***** ***** I am now on the 4th clutch in my

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Rob My name is ***** ***** I am now on the 4th clutch in my Citroen Dispatch that has covered 170 k
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The first time it got replaced the van had done about 40 k when the gearbox 5th gear failed It started to make a noise when you depressed the peddle gradually getting louder and then harder and harder to depress. that was at about 80k later the garage said it was a broken finger on the pressure plate. It then did it again at just over 1000 and 2 x days out of warranty this time the whole thing collapsed and went through the main bearing so I had to put my foot under the peddle to bring it back up. The garage told me it was out of warranty so I had to pay £775.00 did so it went again so they replaced it, but its going again now and Citroen are refusing to help me or take any responibilty for faulty parts, I do on average well over 100000 mikes on a clutch and that is towing a caravan which this van hasn't been used for.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

Hi I'm Kevin I will try to assist you the clutches you've had replaced were these all fitted by Citroen ? What brand of clutch kit was fitted?