Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

My name is ***** ***** i have a ford galaxy 2002 the fuel

Customer Question

Customer: Hi my name is ***** ***** i have a ford galaxy 2002 the fuel level rises and falls with acceleration and deceleration Even to the point when the Beeper goes off saying fuel low even though there is half a tank in it
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: It is a 1.9 TDI
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Ford Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The fuel pump and fuel level sending unit should have a baffle in the tank that keeps the fuel from sloshing around under acceleration. Yours may have came loose in the fuel tank. You may want to start with lowering the tank and have a look inside to see if that is the case.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The speedometer also does not work and has not registered any increase in odometer
Expert:  Ron replied 11 months ago.

The speedometer is a separate issue and due to site policy new topics have be addressed in a new post.