Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

It is a question regarding changing my porsche steering

Customer Question

Customer: Hi, it is a question regarding changing my porsche steering wheel and the radio functionality
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a 2003 Cayenne and I took it to a porsche specialist to swap the steering wheel as I want to get the original re-leathered When I went to collect the car the steering wheel functionality, as in the buttons were all working, but and the radio turned on and was clearly getting power, but there was no sound fromo the speakers the radio was working fine before I dropped the car off. Also, it is an aftermarket Dynavin radio that has been professionally fitted.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Porsche Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: How long is the wait and also, do you think there is a reasonable chance the question will be answered correctly I am in the UK
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Eric replied 11 months ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question

Either the volume control from the steering wheel button on the replacement steering wheel is not working, which will affect the radio volume, or they pinched a wire on the installation process.

If you plan on pulling the steering wheel to inspect it, I just need the last 8 of the vin to pull up and upload the procedure for you