Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

, My son has a 58reg Vectra. fault intermittent - use

Customer Question

Customer: Mike,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My son has a 58reg Vectra. Nasty fault intermittent - use footbreak, release, brake warning light comes on then, although the brakes work, the rear brake lights do not. Only way to reset is pull over, switch off engine and restart. Dealer has tried replacing switch but no better. Thanks,
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: YouMy son has a 58reg Vectra. Nasty fault intermittent - use footbreak, release, brake warning light comes on then, although the brakes work, the rear brake lights do not. Only way to reset is pull over, switch off engine and restart. Dealer has tried replacing switch but no better. Thanks, ***** *****: http://www.justanswer.com/uk-car/5odm6-vauxhall-vectra-vauhall-vecta-57-plate-brake-light-failure.html#ixzz3uQwnRDTq
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

Since the brake light switch was already replaced and did not correct this issue here I would have the brake light switch wiring checked for any issues to see if any wiring needs repaired at all.I have seen damaged or shorted brake light switch wiring cause this issue here before with the wiring needing replaced or repaired.If this was already checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete