Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My lexus ls460 2006.the head light not working.tail,fog,gh

Customer Question

My lexus ls460 2006.the head light not working.tail,fog,high beam work
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The first thing to check here if this hasnt been checked yet is to make sure the head light bulbs are all o.k.If one or more are found to be burned out the affected bulbs need replaced.If these are checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The bulb and blaster is working .when me give feed+ to the head light fuse in the engine bay is work.me already change both bulbs. The PCS warning is on in the dash.before this light stop work is was blinking ..thn the PCS warning on in dash. After that me change the bulb .. Is work .. Thn stop work
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Have you had fault codes checked in all computers to see if any codes are set at all?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Me in Malaysia
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,can you tell me what fuse you jump power to that does allow the lights to work?The name and amperage of the fuse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is H-LP RH and H-LP LH. 15a fuse
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k. was the head lamp relay ever replaced for this issue?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where is the head lamp relay located
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

The head lamp relay is a common component to fail and when it does it will keep power from the head lamp fuses as you see here.I suspect this relay is the cause here needing replaced.My info shows this relay is located in the left side under hood fuse panel as seen here as the HEAD LP relay.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/gm4kucjv1g5r6q6/re-12-15.gif?dl=0

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They is no relay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is only can hear in side the drive side . For tail light relay sound
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Your model should use a relay.Maybe its not in the location I have here as this isnt a USA model but it should use this relay.You may have to search around the vehicles fuse panels and relay centers for the relay as I suspect it needs replaced.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Beside the fuse box. Got blit in relay an ic ... like control unit with gel cottted
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Can you re post what you posted above as it didnt show up clearly here?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
16 December 2015 12:19
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

O.k.,if the relay is built into a control unit the control unit itself may need replaced to correct this here.I have seen some models where the relay can be built in like this and the control unit needed replaced to correct the fault.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Me not conform tht the relay a in the beside the fuse. Or in the drive side inside
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately my info shows it in the under hood fuse panel itself.I dont have any other info on its location.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Because in side fuse box also got relay
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
All tht is complete unit. Me dono the relay in side or in engine bay. In side they cal junction block fuse
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately with my info not matching up on this here I will have to see if anyone else can assist further on this.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete