Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a Nissan vanette 2.3 diesel. i parked up a week ago

Customer Question

Customer: hi i have a Nissan vanette 2.3 diesel. i parked up a week ago before going on holiday. when i came back to my van i found it would not start (engine will only turn over). my immobilizer light dose not go out it stays lit?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: engine just spins almost like there in no fuel. i think it is a problem with the imomobilizer or NATS system
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $30) to post your type of question to UK Car Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes no problem
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
could i bypass this problem?
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I dont see a way myself to bypass the immobilizer system unfortunately so if this is an immobilizer fault what will need to be done is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool that can read all computers to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or remote and see if this then allows starting of the vehicle.If this does not work if you can get the fault codes checked this will help in pinpointing the fault here.Most shops can read out the fault codes and help diagnose the fault.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi. There are no fault codes. I have heard of people bypassing this issue some how.When you try to start the engine the security light is continually lit there for stopping you starting the vehicle. Almost like there is no fuel
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I dont show or see a way to bypass this here.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist further just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
If you could please
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi PeteThanks for your help but between waiting for another expert I have managed to bypass the immobilizedThanks for your help
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

That is great to hear.If you need anything else let me know and feel free to rate my help here if you like.

Thanks Pete