Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I would need some help to choose the correct harness and

Customer Question

Hi, I would need some help to choose the correct harness and interface to replace my factory (premium ?)audio bose sound system (6 CD charger, RDS, No onstar) on my 2003 chevy trailblazer, LTZ, an export model, manufactured in the US. VIN is :1GNDT13SX32262751
On the back of the sound system, there is a 24 pin connector plugged in the radio, and 13 wire on it . I can provide the wiring diagramm if needed Carid Customer service wrote me that the GM Classe II harness and the GM28SR from scoche was not working on my
vehicule.... Thanks! Etienne
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If you are trying to replace the factory radio with an after market set up/radio usually you need an adapter harness obtained through an auto accessory or auto stereo install facility.If this is not what you are after here to get done on your vehicle let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Pete,Till now, I had now answer, so I you know about the right model of harness I should purchase, just let me know
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I wanted to write: I had no answer
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Are you installing an after market radio/system and need a harness to adapt the factory wiring to work with an after market radio?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
that's the point, and I can't find the correct adaptater+harness for my car.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately my info isnt telling me which adapter will work.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete