Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Fan lights flashing on dashboard. after ignition key became

Customer Question

Customer: ***** *****. fan lights flashing on dashboard. after ignition key became stuck in the ignition
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Key got stuck in the ignition .green flag man came round took out the barrel and found the ignition switch would not turn I asked him to disconnect the battery whilst he was working on it but he said it would be ok. the fan and battery light then started flashing and i said why is it doing that and he said it was due to a the battery flat or B the fact that things were disconnected. He then proceeded to get the engine running by shorting the switch and we took it to my local garage. A new ignition switch has been fitted but the lights are still flashing even with the keys out of the ignition causing a constant flat battery
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Peugeot Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the ignition switch wiring connection and wiring have not been checked for being shorted or damaged in any way this needs done.If a fault is found with the switch wiring or connection this will need repaired to correct this fault here.If this is checked and found to be o.k. next the fault codes will need checked using a scan tool/computer that will plug into your vehicle and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Any codes set will need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
does my car use a bsi it is a Y reg HDI 110. this could be the problem. it might require resetting
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately with my info being limited on this model here it is hard to say for me for sure from here if it does use a BSI.If you want I can open your question up for others here to see if anyone else can assist on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please. Also it has had a new ignition switch fitted and the car will start and run
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am not Happy with any responses so far. I am not blaming you personally Pete. Because you are the only person to respond. I have found out far more myself. by research elsewhere and phoning Peugeot Dealers. Just answer seems a rip off. I was told they would take £3 then a further £10 when I was satisfied but they just took £13 from my Paypal account straight away. For other people out there with a similar problem it is looking like the BSI (body systems interface) has been corrupted. Replacement cost £450 including reprogramming. So that will be my car up for Scrap. Unless someone can come up with an alternative solution. I would like a full refund of £13