Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

,, I am driving a Peugeot 408 turbo. As early as one

Customer Question

Customer: Hi Mike,
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Hi Mike, I am driving a Peugeot 408 turbo. As early as one month from the time I bought my car I have had this esp warning light on and now its 2 1/2 years and very often the both the ABS and ESP lights come on. I can still drive the car even though it tells me to stop. Then when you come to a full stop and turn off the car, at least for an hour or so and you start the car and all messages disappear. I then wait for the next time around for it to happen. it can be 1 day, 1 week or even 2 weeks before it reappears. I have complained to my service expert and they do the diagnostic check and everything seems fine. Please advise.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Peugeot Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Yes of course.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is a fault with one of the ESP/ABS sensors most likely.One of the more common sensors I have seen fail and cause this here is a faulty wheel speed sensor.What needs to be done is when the lights are on I would have the fault codes checked in the ESP/ABS computer to see what codes are set.Once this is done the code set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair the fault here.This may take a different repair facility to check these codes to locate the fault and may require the facility to operate the vehicle off and on for a day or more to duplicate the fault so they can retrieve the codes.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Pete thank you and I will forward this info to my Peugeot service people and see what comes out of it.
Expert:  Pete replied 10 months ago.

I apologize for any delay.I see you have responded to my post on your question but I do not see any of my responses here.Was this a question we were working on here already or is this a new question you are asking me on this model here?

Let me know so we can continue,thanks Pete.