Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Model:KH-V78W LRHF Chassis:V78W-0002919 Engine:4M41 3.2 DI

Customer Question

Model:KH-V78W LRHF
Chassis:V78W-0002919
Engine:4M41
3.2 DI (Diesel Turbo)
Engine cranks and eventually starts. Mechanic has indicated the diagnostic reveals a problem with the injection pump-correction rom. Do I need to replace the injection pump or maybe the problem can be the fuel pump. It also gives a rough idle.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the injection pump is timed onto the engine if the pump is wearing out of if a timing component is worn or damaged this will cause this fault here.In most cases this is the pump itself at fault needing replaced to correct this issue.The pump will have to be tested further to see if it is the cause for sure and if found at fault replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete