Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

2005 rrs 4.2 supercharged won't crank or start. Had radiator

Customer Question

Hi, 2005 rrs 4.2 supercharged won't crank or start. Had radiator replacement and handbrake module replacement but jeep will not start now.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If this issue here only occured after these repairs above were done this can be a fault with something that was bumped loose or damaged possibly when the repairs above had been done.I have seen this occur before and the repairs needed re checked for any issues and if any faults were found the faults corrected from there.I suspect something will be found bumped loose or damaged needing corrected.

If this has already been checked and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Pete, all work has been checked and double checked again. The transfer module gives bother on these models due to water ingress so we have also checked this but it is as new and no water has been in this area.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Do you see a security/anti theft light on solid or flashing on the dash at all when trying to start then when it doesnt start just let go of the key without turning the key back any at all?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
The immobiliser light is flashing, although the ignition is seeing there is a key present.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

O.k.,this indicates although it sees a key present the immobilizer doesn't think it is the correct key.This can occur if the battery is disconnected or voltage loss to computers occurs.On this model here the only way I see and know of to reprogram the security system to allow starting of the vehicle is with the dealers Testbook/T4 computer/scan tool.I don't see a manual procedure myself on this here.

I know a dealer may charge an hours labor to do this.I have heard of others say they can leave the key in the ignition for an hour and it will relearn or lock and unlock the doors with the key or remote and this relearns it as well but I haven't tried this procedure myself.You might check and see if this works.If it doesn't then a dealer has to reprogram it unfortunately.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Both keys are remotely opening and closing the doors, boot etc and turns the alarm off and on.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

The remotes will still operate properly in this way but the vehicle isnt recognizing the key/remote to allow the engine to start as this is a seperate signal.In order to correct this here it will have to be programmed and this usually requires a dealers scan tool/computer or authorized repair center to do this.

Thanks Pete