Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

My Rav 4 has had a bottom end revamp and wont start now. It

Customer Question

My Rav 4 has had a bottom end revamp and wont start now. It is a smart start system and goesto the orange light, it will not go to the green light even though there are no fault codes up. It has a new battery and a quarter tank of fuel, I have checked
the fuel pump, that is working fine, I have checked the brake lights, they are fine. So where too from here
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Try locking and unlocking the doors with the key or remote/fob and then see if it starts and runs.If this does not work disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes then reconnect it and then operate the locks and see if the vehicle then starts from there.If neither of these work here to start the vehicle let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi there, nope nothing is working I'm afraid, I've tried all the reset proceedures for the smart start system in the manual too, I'd like to get hold of a wiring diagram and chech all the connections, the car was probably reasembled by a totally unskilled person and it could be that there is a connection that was missed. I've checked the car with a icarsoft multi system scannerand its showing no PDI's. Very very strange! I've been trying to locate the open contact relayto see if its that but can't find it. There seems to be a relay missing where it should be though. I cant attach a picture for some reason
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
ok attached the pic of the area where the open contact reley is porported to reside
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately I dont have the info myself on what you are looking for here.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete