Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have a 530d e61 on 04 plate, had a flat battery so bought

Customer Question

Hi
I have a 530d e61 on 04 plate, had a flat battery so bought a new one.
That went flat, (went down the line of pairing to the car)
Thought that worked, one of the faults read "generator" and we were under the impression that the alternater could be faulty. The battery went flat again and the generator fault code was present again. Fitted a new alternater and thought that has got to sort it ???
No, next day flat again and on every occasion of being flat no lights and completely dead.
Changed the battery on the off chance and all seemed fine until driving and after 20 mins or so "servotronic failure" came up along with ABS, control system and flat tyre monitor, the display speedo etc was having a party on its own ?? Losing the will to live with this one, any help would be very much appreciated
Thank you Gary
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This sounds like a wiring fault to the alternator needing located and repaired or a wiring fault to the battery needing located and corrected.This may be loose,corroded or damaged wiring needing repaired.I would have the wiring inspected and anything found at fault repaired.Also have all fuses checked for any fuse issues needing repaired.If this is or has already been checked and found o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete