sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Just purchased a 2011 ford ka studio, the internal light

Customer Question

Just purchased a 2011 ford ka studio, the internal light does not come on when the door is opened.The light comes on when switched to the left, nothing appears to happen when left in central position or pressed down to the right. I understand there is
a fuse that covers this light and the one in the boot. I've not checked to see if the boot light comes on, as I've only just picked the car up
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 12 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

If the dome lamps don't come on when opening just the driver's door then that indicates an issue with the door ajar switch. If the switch has failed or there is an open circuit causing the input to not be seen then the lights will not come on.

Do the lights come on when other doors are opened?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
I don't know, I've only had the vehicle since yesterday, and the weather has been to bad to do anything other than get in and out. I checked to see if the light in the boot came on though, it didn't that is why I'm thinking the fuse may be ti blame,

Start by seeing if the lights come on when opening other doors. If so then the issue is with the driver's door ajar switch signal not being seen.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Ok I'll try tomorrow, thanks

You're welcome!

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Turned out the lamp was switched the wrong way.All working fine now.
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Great!