Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

SEAT LEON 1.9tdi 2007. Heater not working, display

Customer Question

SEAT LEON 1.9tdi 2007. Heater not working, display illuminates but no air hot or cold. Noted drivers footwell very wet also - suspect leak from somewhere.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Matt replied 12 months ago.

Hello

these cars are very prone to leaking heater matrix's I'm afraid

the best repair is to replace the part and on some VW cars ( of which SEAT is a part) there was an official recall to replace this part

so its well worth contacting your dealer to see if it appears on their recall list - however I can find no listing for it on the national database

to access the part you have to remove the entire dash needs to be taken out, then the heater box comes out (a/c will have to be drained etc) then the heater box is stripped down and the matrix replaced

also check the state of heater blower and the heater resistor as often these are damaged by leaking coolant

Expert:  Matt replied 11 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.