Greg
Greg, Shop Owner
Experience:  17 years Shop Owner /Technician. 27 years experience,
29331485

My 54-reg XJ6 Jaguar alarm has started going off

Customer Question

My 54-reg XJ6 Jaguar alarm has started going off intermitrtently and your answer on fuses could help - but it was for a different model and some time ago. Is it still valid please and if I take out these fuses can I still lock the door.
Many thanks,
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Greg replied 12 months ago.

Hi David .

This is a tricky system to check with out the Jag or top level diagnostic scan tools to check the

alarm activation list ,this tells you which switch is nor closing fully and activating the alarm.

Most common is the bonnet switch and then the drivers door ,you could check this first if the inner lights are on then most likely a bad door switch if not on could be the boot or bonnet .

If all these are okay then a possible module issue .but as said a good scan tool at your local jag shop or dealer will be able to track

this down pretty fast .

Need any follow up help then please get back to me with the reply button, and not the poor or bad service.
This way i can get back to you or suggest another expert if needed.

If i do not get back to you then i may be off line, and when i get back online i will get back to you..

Your deposit does not pay me until the answer is rated in a positive way,
Not rating or a bad rating does not constitute a refund.

If you are not happy or you have sorted out your problem before the answer then please let me know with the reply button .

Kind regards Greg.