Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

I have 2007 Touareg TDI R5, and exhaust gas warning lamp has

Customer Question

Hi, I have 2007 Touareg TDI R5, and exhaust gas warning lamp has just turned on with steady yellow light
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

What needs to be done from here is to have the fault codes checked to see what codes are set with this light coming on here.This requires using a scan tool or computer that will plug into and communicate with all computers in your vehicle.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair the fault.

I have seen issues with a restricted exhaust filter needing cleaned or replaced as well as exhaust sensor failure.If this model uses the exhaust fluid make sure it is full as well.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete