Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Looking Porsche expert as only such a person can answer my

Customer Question

Looking for a Porsche expert as only such a person can answer my question. It has to be someone best of all directly associated with the factory in Germany, a Porsche mechanic who has access to Porsche Dealership tools and software, or at most someone
associated with auction houses who auction Porsche cars. I am looking to identify a lost (removed) VIN of a Porsche 930 MY 1984 that I have just bought solely from its "Production Team Number" as it is generally known, or rather more precisely the Type Sequence
Number stamped into the Chassis on the inside next to the ashtray that is also further copied in hand script on the dashboard. I am of course very well aware of the fact that I can write to Porsche itself, or ask a dealership to do that for me, or request
a PCA. Anyone wishing to answer this question in that manner would be wasting their time. Cheers, Michael
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

I see no one has replied with the info you are looking for here.In some cases this can be due to the info being difficult to obtain or the correct person that can get this info may not be online.The best place to get this info that you are looking for here unfortunately since no one else has posted here is from a dealer or authorized repair center in your area.If this is not an option for you here or was already attempted with no success let me know and we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hello Pete, Great to hear from someone who actually does wish to provide an answer, whatever it may bring. If you read my question what is your opinion on whether it can be figured out at your end? Regards, MikePS - If you wish to discuss this offline, do let me know...
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.I know this is not the answer your looking for but it may be best to allow a dealer or service center look into this here as they may be the best option since no one else has posted here.If you want I can open your question up for others to see if anyone else can assist further.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am sorry Pete, You say "this is all the info I have on this myself"? What info are you referring to? There is certainly no info in either of your responses to my question. Did it disappear into Ether, or am I not seeing right? Regards, Mike
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately I do not have what you are looking for with your question here.I can open your question up for others here if you like to see if they can help further on this just let me know if this is something you would like to do.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
That would be helpful.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

No problem.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete