Pete, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  Over 17 years experience diagnosing and repairing automobiles.
14928985

Greg, from Israel, I own Nissan note model 2012, 1.4 L

Customer Question

Hello Greg, I'm Ishay Cohen from Israel,
I own Nissan note model 2012, 1.4 L Automatic.
When I try to start the car the red light in the clock board remains on,
The car key has a remote control with two buttons (lock and unlock), it works, but the car initates for a second and then stops (doesn't start), and when I open the ignition on, and the fan engine works.
I used the diagnostic tool autel elite
the fault is:
- can communication fault.
so the car isn't starting and I tried both keys
I checked all the fuses
I changed all the fuse boxes (inside relays), it is close to the battery,
do you have any clue how to solve this issue?
waiting for your answer
if you need my email:***@******.***
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Pete replied 12 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

If the fault is CAN communication with the ignition switch this can be the ignition switch itself at fault needing replaced.If it is a CAN fault with the engine computer the engine computer itself may need replaced.Check and make sure all fuses are o.k. in all fuse panels.If all fuses are found to be o.k. the component that has the communication fault needs to have the wiring checked leading to it as well as the connections checked at it to see if any issues are found.If this is all checked and found to be o.k. then I suspect the control module with the communication fault will need replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
thanks for trying to help, the issue is the computer ECU (Nissan Note 1.6 L 2013 Automatic, part number A56-F07) it doesn't communicate with BCM.
I changed set to 2009 one BCM+ECM+ignition key (only the ignition code inside) and I start the car and it worked, so the problem is not in the wires nor fuses.
The problem is that I put an ECU that didn't fit in (it was 2009 ECU model, part number MEC930-850)
the issue is DTC P0132, the oxygen sensor doesn't communicate exactly,
is it possible to program the 2009 ECU to fit in the details of the original 2013 ECU computer (part number A56-F07)?
if I go to Nissan Dealer, can he update the version of the ECU?
in order to program the ECU, does it need to define the original chassis number of the car?
Can the BCM lose communication as a result of this and the car won't start?
What is your best advice to solve the problem, when I certaintly know that only the original ECU doesn't communicate with the original BCM (the original BCM has been checked, and it is normal)?
looking forward to your reply!
Ishay Cohen.
Expert:  Pete replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately this is all of the info I have on this here myself.

I will open your question up for others here to see if someone else can assist further on this as there may be others here that may have more info on what to check or do with this issue.I hope you can get this resolved with ease.No need to reply to my last post here unless it is a last resort as it will keep your question locked to me and others will not be able to view it.If you feel you want to continue to work with me on this feel free to reply at any time but keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair this without seeing your vehicle.

Thanks Pete