Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  Automotive Repair Shop Manager, Technician/JA Mentor
3195632

I have a Peugeot 407,auto 2009, estate. Bought it second

Customer Question

Hi Mike, I have a Peugeot 407,auto 2009, estate. Bought it second hand and it has problems since day 1. Have been having the RSPN warnings and nor gear box faulty. The car is still functioning .What should I do next? It also says lights bit working daily but all the lights are working. Please advice. Thank you.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it a year ago. Have spent £970 fixing it. I can't remember what they were anymore but diagnostic was done. It read 1 million more reading faults. That was cleared. No explanation. Sent in for a full service on Friday. Seems ok but still have all the faults. How do I know if the car is really having a gear box fault?
Expert:  Eric replied 1 year ago.

HI,

I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question.

This sounds like the transmission control module is faulty and throwing what we call ghost codes, which are basically false fault codes.

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Hello Eric,
This morning I can feel the gear being changed very harshly. How do I know that it is the gear box giving up? Thank you.
Expert:  Eric replied 12 months ago.

HI,

Usually there will be alot of metal shavings in the fluid and pressure readings will be bad, but in both cases it still takes dropping the gearbox and tearing it down for inspection

Please remember to rate service using the rating page so that I may receive credit. Thanks

If for any reason, you can't rate my answer OKAY, GOOD, or EXCELLENT today.
Please reply and let me know why, so I can help more/better.
All follow up responses are FREE, after completing the required rating