Ron, Car Enthusiast
Experience:  ASE tech with 34 years of fixing cars
7276279

THE Battery on my volvo s40 2012 was flat this morning I

Customer Question

Hi
THE Battery on my volvo s40 2012 was flat this morning I jumped started all OK but now the remote keys won't open or lock the doors what the problems?
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The car had not been started for 3 weeks previous but there had been no issue.
I jumped started with the use of a second car with jump leads as advised by the owners manual
Expert:  Ron replied 12 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

The problem you are describing is likely caused by the remote system having lost its programming when you battery died. Unfortunately to reprogram them will require a dealer scan tool. If you do not have access to this scanner then you are going to need to have your dealer do this programming for you.