sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Similar to problem to the left but a rattling noise and

Customer Question

Customer: similar to problem to the left but a rattling noise and inspection at the local garage revealed that the left front chassis leg mounting had broken clean off of the chassis leg. its a captive nut welded within the leg and supports the subframe moiunting arm. there is a square hole in the leg now where it was. the car is an 08 nissan note with 46k ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: will it / can it be repaired by nissan if it is out of the warranty
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to UK Nissan Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

I see that you have a broken part in the front suspension but I'm uncertain exactly what your question is. It appears that you were wondering if a Nissan dealer can repair the issue, if that's the case then the answer would be yes. A dealer would be able to perform any repair that is necessary on the vehicle whether it's under warranty or the work is paid for by the customer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok Thanks , albeit a little obvious answer.
I would have liked to know whether Nissan would repair this fault (hole in chassis leg and not suspension) free of charge as the chassis should not fail like this under normal driving conditions , especially with no signs of rust and very low mileage.

Due to the age I wouldn't expect them to repair it for free, but in some cases they will split the cost of a repair. What you would need to do is bring the vehicle to your dealer, explain the situation and that you're wanting to see if the corporation will help with repair costs. They'll diagnose the problem and prepare an estimate to repair it, they'll most likely need to upload pictures to Nissan and they will notify the dealer if they will help and how much they will contribute.