Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng hons Mech engineering, in auto industry 22 years
12772297

Having problems with my audi a3 2005 1.6 sport. there was no

Customer Question

having problems with my audi a3 2005 1.6 sport. there was no power and engine light on, put it on the computer and it said misfire on cylinder 1 and 4. and it also said throttle senor 1 and 2.
Category: UK Car
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
the car wasn't juddering before I changed the parts but like I said there was no power. but now the power is there but its judders badly while accelerating
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
sorry I do not want a live phone call
pressed wrong button
Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hello

this could be a lack of fuel pressure from the electrical pump at the tank.

If the connections to the pump are corroded or damaged then the pump could stop at any time or could not be running at full speed. Check that its relay switches in and out and the relay contacts are clean and bright – replace the relay if in any doubt and do the same for the fuse,

Ideally measure the pressure at the injectors and if this is low check the pump as described and also consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this too will reduce pressure.

Expert:  Matt replied 1 year ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.