Kevin
Kevin, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  Diagnostic technician at vw /audi specialist
84635724

Nissan DC 2.5 diesel spare wheel (15) does not fit front

Customer Question

Nissan DC 2.5 diesel spare wheel (15) does not fit front wheel. Scratches against brake equipment which use 16 wheel size. Is this normal? Should the spare wheel be 16?
Thank you?
Schalk
Category: UK Car
Expert:  Kevin replied 1 year ago.

What size is written on the side of your tyre and on the spare tyre ?

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
The size of the tire is R16 and the pare tire R15. My question again is this standard or should the spare wheel also be R16. This how I bought it. Regards. Schalk
Expert:  Kevin replied 12 months ago.

I need the rest of the tyre size as the profile on the 15 may be taller than 16 givin it the same rolling diameter the 15 and 16 part is just the actual wheel rather than tyre diameter

Customer: replied 12 months ago.
My problem is not the size of the tire, it is the rim size of the spare wheel (15) that scratched against the braking equipment on the front wheel (inside). The Nissan garage claim that it is standard, but when driving with the spare wheel (I only drive 5km) it ( the braking equipment) touches and scratches the inside of the rim. The evidence is there on the inside of spare rim. So to my mind they sell a spare wheel that is a problem when used on the front wheels of the DC 2.5 diesel. On the rear wheels it is not a problem. In other words the DC is sold with a spare wheel that is not working properly. Please confirm if it is only a South African problem or international? I just contacted Nissan SA Technical team and they say the Nissan Hardbody DC 2.5 diesel is sold that way. Schalk
Expert:  Kevin replied 12 months ago.

I will opt out I don't have specific info for model in my opinion if it's rubbing it's not right but another expert may have definitive info