martin jones
martin jones, UK Car Mechanic
Experience:  25 years as a mechanic and mot tester, owned own business for 10 years city and guilds trained
20682938

I am having a lot of trouble with my 2006 1.3 combo cdti.

Customer Question

Hi, I am having a lot of trouble with my 2006 1.3 combo cdti. The car sign with the spanner through the middle keeps coming on and the van will not rev past 3000 rpm, has no power and sometimes will not do anything but idle. Have changed throttle pedal but still getting same fault. Can you help. Thanks Chris.
Category: UK Car
Expert:  martin jones replied 1 year ago.

Hi there and welcome to JA.COM, i will try to advise you with your problem, first of all you will need to have your cars ECU code read to check the fault codes, this is the ONLY way to accurately diagnose the problem, you could have an EGR FAULT. ECU FAULT,FUEL ISSUES.FUEL PUMP. ETC, as you can appreciate there are many sensors and parts on your engine, any garage for about £30 can code read your van,failing that you could purchase your own OBD code reader from EBAY, once you have this you can code read your van or any car, i know this is not what you wanted to hear but this is the only way forward to fault finding , even if you replaced the faulty part you would still need a code reader to clear the faults and remove the spanner light, kindest regards martin.